Board of Directors Board Meeting: Wednesday, September 26th at 7:00pm
Click here for Agenda
Inverness Condominiums Fire Restoration Updates
As of September 10, 2012
- Third floor common area substaintial completion will be September 15th.
- New entry locks ordered with estimated delivery date end of September.
- Bay Area DKI scheduled to remove office trailer and clean up storage and lay down areas. Temp fence will be removed after asphalt is complete.
- Asphalt paving for Bay Area DKI storage areas scheduled end of September.
- Anticipate end of September move-in of the third floor unit owners .
As of July 26, 2012
- All 1st and 2nd floor units are completed and turned over to the Association and/or Unit Owners.
- The elevator is signed off and working. It is locked out and will only service the 1st and 2nd floors.
- We have received approval from the Fire Marshall and Chief Building Inspector and have been issued a temporary certificate of occupancy for the 1st and 2nd floors.
- Unit Owners that have signed off on the punch list and completed certificate of satisfaction will be allowed to occupy their units on the 1st and 2nd floors.
- For the units not built-out on the 1st and 2nd floors, once permits are obtained by the Unit Owners, they can start the interior build-out.
- The 3rd floor is still under construction and should be completed mid-September
As of June 11, 2012
- All rough inspections for the 1st and 2nd floors have been completed
- The interior of the 1st and 2nd floor units, cabinets, doors, painting, flooring, etc. are being completed.
- All rough-ins are completed on the 3rd floor and drywall is being installed and finished.
- The elevator is being installed.
- Power is restored to the building main panel. Once units are completed, the power will be restored to each unit.
As of May 25, 2012
- 1st floor association work 90% complete
- 2nd floor association work 80% complete
- 3rd floor drywall stocked in building. HVAC, plumbing and electrical rough-in will be complete by May 30th.
- Exterior building painted
- Installation of screens for the 1st and 2nd floors will begin first week of June
- Fire Marshall will need to provide final certification before building can be energized. The projected date for that inspection is July
As of March 12, 2012
- Underground piping for Fire Sprinkler system is 100% complete and signed off
- Drywall is stocked in the building for the 1st floor and 3rd floor ceiling
- Stucco work is 100% complete on the exterior
- The elevator has been removed and new elevator will be ordered once color selections are received
- 1st Floor: Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Sprinkler rough-in are 100% complete and signed off. Interior framing is 100% complete
- 2nd Floor: Electrical and Plumbing rough-in are 75% complete. HVAC and Fire Sprinkler Rough-in are 90% completeInterior framing is 90% complete
- 3rd Floor:Roof and Ceiling framing is 100% complete, awaiting inspection
January 30, 2012
- Last week Bay Area DKI met with the association's Insurance Adjuster and Consultant. The meeting was very productive and many items were resolved. Based on the agreements reached in the meeting, the following items have started or are now scheduled:
- Fire sprinkler system installation has started on the 1st floor. Installation will continue for the next few weeks.
- The drywall (smoke walls) in the attic was installed and will be completed next week.
- The electrician was contracted and electrical installation will begin next week starting on the 1st floor.
- Drywall ceiling installation on the 3rd floor is scheduled to start within the next 2 weeks.
- Now that we have approval to move forward, the restoration process we will be moving as fast as possible. We ask that you please be patient with the excessive traffic and vehicles due to deliveries and all the construction work.
December 19, 2011
- The tile roof installation is under way, should be completed within the next few weeks.
- The replacement windows and sliding glass doors have been delivered. The installers have started installing window bucks around the perimeter of the openings. The window installation will begin week of January 2nd.
November 28, 2011
- Last week we began selective demolition of Units 101 - 104, 201 - 204, 301 - 304. This work is based on the written protocol produced by ACM Engineering and approved by the Condominium Associations insurance carrier. The Mechanical, Electrical and A/C drawings were approved by the City of Clearwater last week, with the exception of the fire sprinkler system. As of Monday, November 28th at 4:45pm, we were notified from the building department and the fire department that they will require a fire sprinkler system installed in the building. We are currently having the fire sprinkler system designed.
- The roof tiles have been back ordered but are scheduled for dellivery on Monday. The windows and sliding glass doors will arrive within the next 10 days.
- We are currently working with the insurance adjuster reviewing their estimate and comparing with our estimate and sub-contractor bids. Our goal is to have this reconciled by the end of next week. Once we have reconciled and approval from the insurance company, we will begin installation of the Electrical wiring, Plumbing rough-in and A/C duct work.
- Sample boards with Flooring, Cabinet, Counter-top and Paint selections have been delivered to the job site office. Most Unit Owners who have contracted with Bay Area DKI to complete interior repairs have been contacted and scheduled appointments to make the material selections for their units.
November 4, 2011
- This week the roof material was delivered and installation began. The roof will be completely dried in and water tight by the beginning of next week. Roof tile will be delivered within the next 2 weeks.
- The Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing drawings were received from the Engineer and submitted to the City of Clearwater. The review process will take approximately 2 weeks.
- The windows and doors have been ordered.
- Material selection boards with all the material samples will be in the Bay Area DKI job site office within the next few weeks. Once samples are in, we will be scheduling appointments with Unit Owners that hired us for their interior repairs so that they can make selections for paint, cabinets, countertops, flooring, ceramic tile, etc.
October 14, 2011:
- Installation of roof trusses is completed. Roof sheathing has started and the roofing materials have been ordered.
- Demolition is completed with the exception of Units 101-104, Units 201-204 and Units 301-304.
- Please note if a Unit Owner would like to enter the building, they must schedule an appointment with Richard Preston (813.299.5026). Due to heavy construction being performed during this phase, there are scheduling and safety issues that require us to have a 48 hour notice from a Unit Owner prior to entering the job site / building.
October 10, 2011:
- Roof trusses being installed this week. Should be completed by October 12th.
September 30, 2011:
- The damaged concrete block walls in Units 309 and 311 have been demolished and replaced. The smoke damage on the 3rd floor walls and floors has been cleaned. Smoke sealing will begin next week.
- Trusses are scheduled for delivery early next week, with installation to be begin by end of the week.
September 15, 2011:
- Bay Area DKI met with City of Clearwater September 15th and was issued a Permit to make the building water tight. Permit is for the concrete block repairs, truss repairs and replacement of roof, exeterior windows and doors. This permit does not include any electrical, plumbing or A/C work. The engineers are currently working on the scope of those repairs and anticipate that report within the next few weeks. Once completed, this will be submitted to the City of Clearwater as an amendment to the permit.
- The replacement trusses have been ordered and are anticipated to be delivered by October 3rd, to be installed shortly after delivery. The damaged concrete block walls on the 3rd floor are scheduled to begin repairs week of September 19th. The majority of the interior demolition will be completed by September 23rd.
September 9, 2011:
- Bay Area DKI, City of Clearwater and Karins Engineering met at the site September 1st to walk the building, discuss the structural, electrical, plumbing and air conditioning repairs that will be required. The Building Department has agreed to let us submit drawings for the structural repairs (trusses, roofing, windows, doors, block walls) to assist in getting a roof on the building as quickly as possible. The requirements regarding electrical, plumbing and air conditioning will be determined in a few weeks. The structural drawings for the roof structure will be submitted on Monday, September 12th so we can now order the roof trusses.
- Demolition continues in Units 05 through 13 on all 3 levels. The extent of demolition in the 01, 02, 03 and 04 Units on all levels has not yet been determined by the City of Clearwater. They are currently reviewing the scope required for those Units.
- The AC Condensers for the West half of the building were pumped down, removed and stored off site.
- Please note that this is a construction site. Any person entering the site must check in at the job site office. Hard hats must be worn while on site.
August 29, 2011:
- Demolition continues as we have crews rotating Monday through Thursday, 10 hours per day for a total of 40 hours per week. Please note that we are not authorized the added claims expense to pay crews overtime hours. We continue to work with the Insurance Adjuster for approval as our work progresses. Bay Area DKI strives to make the most efficient use of work hours, while following the claims approval guidelines. Please contact Richard Preston (813.299.5026) with any questions.
- Demolition of Units 108, 208, 211, 212, 305, 306, 308, 309, 310, 311, 312, 313, 2nd Floor West Hall, 1st Floor West Hall and Elevator Lobby have been completed
- Bay Area DKI, Karins Engineering and the City of Clearwater Building Inspectors are scheduled to meet Friday, September 2nd to finalize the requirements and engineering drawings.
August 18, 2011:
- Temporary power has been established; each floor now has temporary power and lights. Temporary power to the sprinkler pump house will be installed Friday, August 19th.
- Demolition of units 312, 212, 208 108 and the 2nd floor hall (West end) has been completed.
- Bay Area DKI and Karins Engineering met with the City of Clearwater on Wednesday, August 17th for initial review of building repair. We proposed a plan on how to repair the building and what will be required. The Building Department and Fire Marshall are reviewing the plan and we will reconvene Thursday, August 25th for further review and decisions regarding the plan.Bay Area DKI job site office will be up and running Friday, August 19th.
August 15 - 19, 2011:
- Demolition of the 3rd floor fire debris (Units 305-313) starts Monday, August 15th. There will be NO ACCESS to the building after Sunday, August 14th.
- Temporary electric was installed and should have power by Monday, August 15th. This will allow us to provide limited power to the building for repairs and provide power to the pump house for the sprinkler system.
- Bay Area DKI, Engineers and the City of Clearwater are meeting on Wednesday, August 17th to discuss repairs required to the building.
August 8 - 14, 2011:
- Unit Owners had the opportunity to enter their units and make arrangements for their contents to be packed and moved. Most contents were packed and some were moved to storage. Due to severe thunderstorms, some moving of contents was delayed. Storage PODS were delivered to assist in moving out the remaining items and packing out will be completed by Tuesday, August 16th weather permitting. The PODS will be removed as soon as they are packed.
- Debris removal of the 3rd floor hall and elevator lobby was completed on Monday, August 8th. Unit Owners of 305-313 were allowed to enter their units for the first time since the fire occurred. Many of the Owners were able to find personal belongings that could be salvaged or that had sentimental value.
- The asbestos testing is complete and there was NO asbestos found inside the building. We are still awaiting the results for the exterior of the building.
Demolition of 3rd floor West end is scheduled to begin Monday, August 15th
As of August 15th, there will be no access to the building. Any items remaining in Units at that time will be discarded.
Unit Owners and Tenants can schedule their contents to be moved between Tuesday, August 9th through Sunday, August 14th. Since there is no power to the building and no elevator access, ALL moving schedules must be coordinated with Bay Area DKI. All contents on the 2nd and 3rd floors must be removed from the stairways at the end of the building.
Please contact Richard Preston to schedule pack-out and moving Phone 813.299.5026 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- August 4, 2011: Held Unit Owner meeting to inform of permit, let owners know they now have access to building and provided schedule for Unit Owners and Tenants to access the building August 4th and 5th
- August 3, 2011: Selective demolition permit was obtained.August 1, 2011: Bay Area DKI will relocate the staging area to the South side of building #8
- July 26, 2011 – July 30, 2011: The City of Clearwater authorized insurance adjusters to enter the building with a Bay Area DKI representative. A staging area was set up between buildings 7 and 8 were the insurance adjusters could meet with the unit owners to discuss their claims. This process continued from Tuesday through Saturday. Bay Area DKI representatives continued to help Unit Owners in providing photos and assisting in finding important personal belongings.
- The structural engineer was contracted to prepare the drawings and specifications required to repair the building.
- For the clients of Bay Area DKI, the contents were placed on blocks and the inventory process began.
- The temporary security fence was installed around the perimeter of the building.
- July 26, 2011: Per City of Clearwater’s request, Asbestos testing had to be done on the building. Testing started on the 26th. As of July 31st, 60% of the samples have been sent to the lab for analysis. We have obtained results for half of the samples sent and the results are NEGATIVE for asbestos. Testing will continue and should be completed by Tuesday, August 2, 2011. The drying process continued in the East half of the building.
- July 25, 2011: Bay Area DKI began the dry out process in the East half of the building only. Without a roof on the West side of the building, placing equipment in the attempt to dry it was not authorized. Generators and equipment were placed and water from the floors was extracted in an attempt to maintain the environment in the units. Hasp locks were installed to secure each unit.
- July 24, 2011: Bay Area DKI removed the damaged roof structure on the north end as directed by the fire department and the debris around the building was cleaned up and removed.
- July 23, 2011: Bay Area DKI responded to Inverness Condominiums to provide Board-up services and secure the building.